“Uncovering Korea-ASEAN Women’s Lived Realities through Feminist Research”
CALL FOR PARTICIPANTS
[Phase 2] Korea-ASEAN Cooperation Project (KACP) on Education and Exchange Program for Young Scholars in Women’s Studies
Theme : “Uncovering Korea-ASEAN Women’s Lived Realities through Feminist Research”
Date : 29-31 October 2014
Venue : Universiti Sains Malaysia (USM), Penang, Malaysia
Host : Asian Association of Women’s Studies (AAWS)
Organizers : Women’s Development Research Centre (KANITA)
Universiti Sains Malaysia; Asian Center for Women’s Studies (ACWS)
Ewha Womans University
The Asian Association of Women’s Studies (AAWS) invites participants to the Korea-ASEAN Cooperation Project (KACP) on Education and Exchange Program for Young Scholars in Women’s Studies, which will be held at the Universiti Sains Malaysia (USM), Penang, Malaysia on October 29-31, 2014. USM is popularly known as “university in a garden” and Penang has been designated as a UNESCO heritage site because of its rich tradition and culture.
Objectives of the KACP
In coordination with the Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN) and the ASEAN University Network (AUN), AAWS designs and conducts Phase 2 of the KACP with the theme “Uncovering Korea-ASEAN Women’s Lived Realities through Feminist Research” in order to:
1) Empower young women scholars and disseminate Women's Studies to institutions where Women's Studies is not well established as yet;
2) Understand the lives and experiences of women, share information, and strengthen the network of women scholars;
3) Develop and practice academic and social leadership in the program; and
4) Promote collaborative research and publication on issues concerning women’s/gender studies and leadership.
Eligibility to Apply and Participate
1) Identity as young women scholars in Korea and in ten ASEAN member states (i.e., Brunei, Cambodia, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, Myanmar, Philippines, Singapore, Thailand, and Vietnam). Young scholars refer to the doctoral students, postdoctoral researchers, research fellows, junior teaching staff, and the like.
2) Current affiliation with a university or a research institute
3) Experience in conducting research or feminist research on women
4) Holder of passport that is valid for at least 6 months
Participant selection will be based on the evaluation results of these required documents:
1) Application Form (downloadable from http://www.aaws07.org) = 50%
2) Abstract (downloadable from http://www.aaws07.org) = 50%
Note: The Application Form and Abstract should be sent to the official email of KACP Phase 2: firstname.lastname@example.org on or before the deadline of application on August 11, 2014 at 12 midnight (time in Malaysia).
Guidelines for Abstract Submission
1) Abstracts should deal with any of the following general themes in the contexts of Korea and ten ASEAN member states:
a. Women’s Education and Empowerment
b. Feminist Research and Ethical Issues
c. Women’s Activism and Scholarly Work
d. Women’s Creative Leadership
2) Abstracts should be limited to 300 words only.
3) All submitted abstracts will be reviewed. Results will be announced on August 29, 2014.
4) All authors of accepted abstracts will automatically become presenters and participants during the International Workshop on Women’s Studies on October 29-31, 2014 at the Universiti Sains Malaysia in Penang, Malaysia.
5) All authors of accepted abstracts will be asked to submit their full papers on or before September 29, 2014. Failure to submit the full paper on the deadline will mean a cancellation of participation to the international workshop.
Guidelines for Full Paper Submission
1) With a minimum of 10 pages and a maximum of 12, full papers should be based on the accepted submitted abstracts.
2) All papers may be written as case studies, comparative researches, investigative papers or narratives.
3) All authors of submitted full papers should be aware of the danger of plagiarism. Proper citation and acknowledgement of sources should be observed.
4) More specific technical requirements will be given to accepted abstracts only.
5) All authors of submitted full papers may be asked to refine or develop further their work for possible publication.
All KACP participants will be given full financial support for a roundtrip transportation (air/land/water), accommodation, and meals for three days (October 29-31, 2014).
11 Aug 2014 : Deadline for Application & Abstract Submission
29 Aug 2014 : Notification of Acceptance/Participant Selection
29 Sep 2014 : Final Submission of Full Papers
15 Oct 2014 : Final Submission of Powerpoint (ppt) Presentation File
For more related information and inquiries regarding the KACP, please visit the website, email, or call the organizers at the addresses provided below.
Asian Association of Women’s Studies (AAWS)
Women's Development Research Centre (KANITA)
Universiti Sains Malaysia
11800 USM, Pulau Pinang, Malaysia
Tel: +604 653 3436/3445/3433
Fax: +604 656 6379